ABOUT LESLIE C. MCLEAN VFW POST 1454
Dedicated to a lifetime of service to our country and our community.
Leslie C. McLean Veterans of Foreign Wars Post #1454 was chartered in 1934 with 22 members. Located in Alma Michigan, our post is the eldest in Gratiot County. Our current membership is comprised of 195 Combat Veterans representing all branches of the United States Military. Our members are Veterans of World War II, Korea, Vietnam, Iraq and Afghanistan. We are an active VFW Post with an equally active Auxiliary. We welcome new members, our comrades from neighboring posts and non-members interested in supporting our local Veterans. For more information please feel free to contact us or stop by Post 1454 to meet our Veterans and Auxiliary Members. We are always happy to assist you.
Our Post & Auxiliary Provides:
- Direct Assistance to Area Veterans, Active-Duty Military and Their Families
- Honor Guard Duties
- A Flag for Every Veteran's Grave at Riverside Cemetery, Chapel Gardens and New Haven Township Cemetery Each Memorial Day
- Memorial Day Ceremonies at Riverside Park and Riverside Cemetery, Alma, MI
- Wreaths Across America Participation, Riverside Cemetery, Alma, MI
- Bereavement Meals for Members and Families of Deceased Veterans
- Care Packages for Active-Duty Military Personnel Stationed Overseas
- Information Regarding Veteran's Benefits and Assistance Programs
- Youth Education
- Community Services
- Highland Parade Participation
- And Much More!
About Veterans of Foreign Wars
About VFW Auxiliary